My Month-Long Vegan Experiment
Here are the top 10 things you can expect when making the transition.
- You will experience an upswing in your mood and better athletic performance.
- You will become more aware of the food you eat.
- You will spend way more time researching, planning, and making food (this cookbook will save you time).
- You will save money with vegan food.
- You will be tempted by junk food (swapping out meat for bread, pasta, and “Fake Meat” is the easy way). Stay focused.
- Food-related social events will be often painful, especially if you’re the sole vegan.
- You will feel hungry more frequently. You will snack. A lot.
- You will miss the cheese, eggs, and butter on your toasts. The vegan alternatives are not there yet.
- Your tolerance for alcohol will decrease.
- You will enjoy more frequent trips to the bathroom, with better quality poop.
One thing is for sure, I learned a lot. At the end of the month, I had no urge to eat any animal products. The whole thing was pretty easy and awesome. However, I’m not going to be a full-time vegan, but a "vegetarian" with the occasional sustainable seafood and ethically sourced meat.
Now it's your turn. It will be challenging, uplifting, and totally worthwhile.